The Best Shows On HBO

It’s no secret that HBO has aired some of the best TV this decade has seen. From Game of Thrones to niche political thrillers, these are the HBO shows that you cannot miss.

Chernobyl

Chernobyl is currently the highest rated show on IMDB, receiving an admirable 9.6/10. As a mini-series, it’s informative, shocking and masterfully produced.

Big Little Lies

Big Little Lies has a superstar cast and follows the story of five mothers living in California. Suburban life is far more dramatic than we ever thought.

View this post on Instagram

happy #pride

A post shared by big little lies (@biglittlelies) on

The Leftovers

If 1% of the planet’s population disappeared without a trace, how would the other 99% react? This is the question that The Leftovers poses in its vigorous character study of humanity’s reaction to disaster.

Veep

Veep follows vice president Selina Meyer (Julia Louis-Dreyfus) as she deals with an impossible role. Think of it as America’s answer to The Thick of It.

Game of Thrones

Let’s be honest, Game of Thrones is the reason half of us have an HBO subscription in the first place. The series may have recently wrapped up but there is plenty of time to re-watch before the prequel lands.

View this post on Instagram

3 more sleeps. #GameofThrones

A post shared by gameofthrones (@gameofthrones) on

The Sopranos

The Sopranos is another HBO show which is considered to be one of the best shows of all time. It was the platform’s first big hit and is still being watched today, despite the finale airing a decade ago this year.